- Delvaux Antoine, born on May the 25th, 1973, married, 3 children, Belgian.
- Address 185B, Cité Assemblée Nationale, Ouakam, Dakar, Senegal.
- Email and Internet contacts.
- Phone +221.703368313.
- European car driving licence.
- URL of this resume
- Create, develop and manage technologically challenging projects of public interest using the best of my technical and management skills.
- Empower people so they can achieve their personal and professional goals in an efficient and meaningful way by the use of the most appropriate technology.
- Leadership, Project Management: ex-CEO of an IT startup (10 people), head of a software development team (using Scrum and XP), development team lead and coordinator, ITIL certified.
- Release Management: build and tests automation, packaging and distribution with Jenkins, Maven, git, SVN, Trac and Jira.
- Senior software architect and designer, preference to object oriented models, UML modeling.
- Senior database architect used to relational DB (MySQL, PostreSQL, Oracle) and XML DB (eXist, Oracle DB XML).
- Systems administration: any UNIX system, specialized in Debian/Ubuntu, RHEL/CentOS, FreeBSD and OSX.
- Cryptography: extensive experience of ssh and pgp, good practice of SSL and X509.
- Networks: good knowledge and practical experience of all network layers (part of operations team), extensive experience of the application layer (dns, http, smtp, imap, pop3, ftp, snmp, ldap, firewalls, ...).
- Philosophical: free software and digital civil rights advocate.
- 2008 - now: GÉANT / PSNC — UK/Poland — Software and Release Engineer
- Development team leader in the GEANT pan-european project, coordinating 4 development teams across Europe, liaising with product manager, deployment manager, training manager and the activity and task leaders, international collaboration ;
- Release management, test and build automation (Jenkins, Maven, git, SVN, bash) ;
- Packaging, distribution and deployment for Debian and CentOS, repository management and automation (bash, perl, ruby, apt, rpm) ;
- Architecture, design and development of web services running as servlets (Java, Tomcat, eXist DB, MySQL, Perl, XML, JSON),
- Analysis of TCP and UDP network performance, participation to network performance and PERT trainings, participation to the perfSONAR open source project (TCP, UDP, network performance, trainer) ;
- ITIL processes concerned: change management, service asset and configuration management, release and deployment management, service validation and testing, incident management, problem management, knowledge management.
- 2000 - now: Cassiopea — Belgium — Sys Admin, Software Engineer, Administrator
- system administration for a small scale ISP, administering 12 servers (linux, dns, load-balancer, web, ftp, mail, mysql, psql, ldap),
- software architecture, design and development, many contributions to open source projects (PHP, bash, perl, python, MySQL),
- project management, business analyst, external and customer relations, user support,
- creation, planning, management and administration of a nonprofit ISP targeting the non profit sector, president from 2000 to 2006,
- 2009 - 2011: eShango — Senegal — Chief Executive Officer
- general management of the company (10 people),
- supervision of the R&D department (software development and IT services for micro-finance), including leading the architectural design and defining the software development processes,
- supervision of the sales department,
- company incorporation in Senegal, head of finance and administrative department, day to day business, human resources management,
- business plan, financials, equity build up, together with 2 partners.
- 2008 - 2010: DANTE — UK — Systems Engineer, Team Lead
- perfSONAR development team lead: project management, development best practices, R&D collaborative work (GEANT),
- web application development: network circuits and assets database, network monitoring systems, sysadmin tasks automation (PHP, Python, Java, MySQL, bash),
- web services and network applications deployment (MySQL, LDAP, Nagios, MRTG) with high availability setup,
- authentication and authorization infrastructure deployement (Shibbolet, SAML, GIdP).
- 2005 - 2008: Aquadev — Senegal — Lead Senior Software Engineer
- team leader (7 persons) in Dakar, Senegal: planning, resources management, reporting, training and competitive intelligence.
- product requirements definition and architecture design of a banking software for the micro finance sector (ADbanking),
- quality and release management, SCM tools setup (Trac, SVN).
- 2000 - 2005: BELNET — Belgium — Systems & Network Engineer
- administration of multiple Internet servers of a national scale ISP (linux, Solaris, dns, web, ftp, mail, nntp, snmp),
- web application development: network monitoring system, domain name registration system, sysadmin tasks automation (PHP, Perl, MySQL, bash),
- configuration and operation of a national scale IP network, (Cisco, Juniper),
- participation to RIPE IP network measurements working groups and workshops.
- 1998 - 2005: Belgium — Free Lance Software Engineer
- databases and web development (PHP, MySQL, 4thDimension),
- administration of networks and servers (linux, MacOS, web, ftp, mail, dns, printing).
- 1997 - 1998: Alcatel Bell — Belgium — Software Engineer
- software development of a network management and monitoring platform (Solaris, C, C++).
Speaker - Trainer
- WACREN 2016: perfSONAR UI and eduGAIN federated login — WACREN, Dakar, Senegal
- Network Monitoring and Management Workshop: TCP and UDP protocols, perfSONAR, multi-domain monitoring, syslog management — WACREN, Abuja, Nigeria
- GÉANT Advanced eduPERT Training: perfSONAR, linux TCP tuning — GÉANT, Porto, Portugal
Studies - Training
- ITIL Foundation Certificate — GÉANT, Cambridge
- ITIL v3 introduction — GÉANT, Poznan
- IPv6 — Telindus, Leuven
- DNSSEC — RIPE NCC, Amsterdam
- Managing youth camps in south countries — Quinoa, Brussels
- Routing essentials, ospf, bgp, multicast — Arpnet, Brussels
- Juniper routing — Juniper, Amsterdam
- Ici ou ailleurs, que faire ? — ITECO, Brussels (training for development cooperation)
- Hostmaster, IP resource management — RIPE NCC, London
- Telecommunication Concepts — Bell Education Centre, Antwerpen
- Civil Engineer (equivalent to Master of Science) in Computer Science — University of Liège
- Study: Conception d’un système automatique d’analyse de séquences de peptides — Professor E. De Pauw
- French: mother tongue.
- English: fluent.
- Spanish: intermediate level.
- Dutch: basic level.
- Scouting from 1981 to 1994, participation in international youth cooperation projects with Quinoa:
- 1 month in Senegal in 2000,
- 3 months in Guatemala in 2003 as project leader,
- Interested and concerned about ecology and citizen life, globalization issues.
- Direction, animation and engineering of a weekly local radio broadcasting from 1988 to 1993.
- I love movies, music, cooking and juggling and I like hiking, running, cycling and Tai Chi.
Published on : Thursday 19 May 2005.
Modified on : Monday 13 March 2017.