- Delvaux Antoine, born on May the 25th, 1973, Belgian.
- Address Saly Niakh Niakhal, Saly, Mbour, Senegal.
- Email and Internet contacts.
- Phone +221.703368313 and +32.486924281.
- URL of this resume
- Create, develop and manage technologically challenging projects of public interest using the best of my technical and management skills.
- Empower people so they can achieve their personal and professional goals in an efficient and meaningful way by the use of the most appropriate technology.
- Leadership, Project Management: software development team management, ITIL certified practitioner, ex-CEO of an IT startup (10 people).
- DevOps: deployment automation, continuous integration, release management, packaging and distribution with Ansible, Docker, Jenkins and Atlassian tools.
- Software architect and designer, micro-services, object-oriented models, UML.
- Database architect used to relational DB (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and TSDB (ELK, Prometheus)
- Systems administration: UNIX systems, specialized in Debian/Ubuntu, RHEL/CentOS, FreeBSD and OSX.
- Network Engineer: good knowledge and practical experience of all network layers, strong expertise on TCP and UDP performance troubleshooting (perfSONAR).
- 2015 - now: PSNC — PL/SN — Senior Software/Network Engineer
- Development team manager in the GÉANT pan-European project, coordinating development teams across Europe, roadmap planning, international collaboration in the R&E sector ;
- Participation in the perfSONAR open source project as a team lead, developer and instructor (TCP, UDP, network performance, end-to-end measurements) ;
- Coordination of the Performance Measurement Platform, a mesh of perfSONAR devices in Europe and beyond (Service Management, Operations) ;
- Deployment automation, test and build management (Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, git, bash) ;
- Release management, packaging and distribution for Debian and CentOS (git, bash, perl, ruby, apt, rpm) ;
- ITIL 4 Managing Professional.
- 2017 - 2020: NEAAR and International Networks at Indiana University — US/SN — perfSONAR Instructor
- Instructor in perfSONAR workshops for the R&E community in Africa and Asia.
- Co-leading workshops in Ghana, India, Laos, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania and Zambia.
- 2000 - 2018: Cassiopea — BE — Funder, Administrator, Sys Admin, Software Engineer
- system administration for a small scale ISP, administering 12 servers (linux, dns, load-balancer, web, ftp, mail, mysql, psql, ldap),
- software architecture, design and development, many contributions to open source projects (PHP, bash, perl, python, MySQL),
- project management, business analyst, external and customer relations, user support,
- creation, planning, management and administration of a nonprofit ISP targeting the non-profit sector, president from 2000 to 2006,
- 2008 - 2015: DANTE — GB — Systems Engineer, Team Lead
- perfSONAR MDM development team lead: project management, development best practices, R&E collaboration (GEANT),
- web application development: network circuits and assets database, network monitoring systems, sysadmin tasks automation (PHP, Python, Java, MySQL, bash),
- services and applications deployment (MySQL, LDAP, Nagios, MRTG) with high availability,
- authentication and authorization infrastructure deployment (Shibbolet, SAML, GIdP).
- 2009 - 2011: eShango — SN — Chief Executive Officer
- general management of the company (10 people),
- supervision of the R&D department (software development and IT services for micro-finance), including leading the architectural design and defining the software development processes,
- supervision of the sales department,
- company incorporation in Senegal, head of finance and administrative department, day to day business, human resources management,
- business plan, financials, equity build-up, together with 2 partners.
- 2005 - 2008: Aquadev — SN — Lead Senior Software Engineer
- team leader (7 persons) in Dakar, Senegal: planning, resources management, reporting, training and competitive intelligence,
- product requirements definition and architecture design of banking software for the microfinance sector (ADbanking),
- quality and release management, SCM tools setup (Trac, SVN).
- 2000 - 2005: BELNET — BE — Systems & Network Engineer
- servers administration of a national scale ISP (linux, Solaris, dns, web, ftp, mail, nntp),
- web application development: network monitoring system, domain name registration system, sysadmin tasks automation (PHP, Perl, MySQL, bash, snmp),
- configuration and operation of a national scale IP network, (Cisco, Juniper),
- participation to RIPE IP network measurements working groups and workshops, setting up a Test Traffic Measurement (TTM) box.
- 1998 - 2005: Free Lancer — BE — Software Engineer
- databases and web development (PHP, MySQL, 4thDimension),
- administration of networks and servers (linux, MacOS, web, ftp, mail, dns, printing).
- 1997 - 1998: Alcatel Bell — BE — Software Engineer
- software development of network management and monitoring platform Alcatel NM Expert (Solaris, C, C++).
Speaker - Instructor
Studies - Certifications
- ITIL 4 Direct-Plan-Improve, High-Velocity-IT and Drive-Stakeholder-Value — Pink Elefant, NL
- ITIL 4 Create-Deliver-Support and Foundation — Pink Elefant, NL
- TM Forum Frameworx and Business Process Framework fundation — TM Forum, GB
- French: mother tongue.
- English: fluent.
- Spanish: intermediate level.
- Dutch: basic level.
Published on : Thursday 19 May 2005.
Modified on : Friday 4 March 2022.